Friday, July 6, 2012

New Car Smell

Tahoe Rim Trail... sooooo choice.
So I bought a new pair of trail shoes last night!!  Asics Gel Fuji Racers will be propelling me over rocks and roots, and barreling through mud and water crossings at the Mountain Madness 50k in September... I can't wait!  I don't know about you, but I always get a little excited when I get a new pair of running shoes.  It's almost like getting a new car every 500 miles or so.... almost.  But if you think about it, shoes are like cars for runners so I'm going with it!  The good thing is that you're not tied in to one set of shoes for 3-5 years until you pay them off.  AND you get to try a variety of styles to see what works best for you.

 I just got a new pair of road shoes about a month ago, and I'm scheduled to get a new pair of Mizunos in the next week or so through the Mezamashii Run Project.  The Mizuno Mezamashii Run Project is an innovative marketing campaign from Mizuno that gets their new products onto the collective feet of lucky runners...  for FREE!!  You can "Apply for an Invite" to get involved in the test market, and try out a new pair of Mizuno shoes.  Your review and response is critical in helping Mizuno to craft their products and designs to meet the needs of the consumer... that's you.  Not a bad trade for a new pair of shoes.

not so new trail shoes
So for me, that will be 3 new cars in roughly two months time!  That new car smell when you open the shoe box is so divine, don't you agree?

<=== These puppies don't smell so good though...



2 comments:

  1. Daaaang, free shoes!?? Enjoy that new car smell!

    Hmm...If I don't travel down to the Blue Ridge Mnts for a race on that very same day, I'll join you here in Jerz for Mountain Madness...

    but I'm leaning towards MM50k ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dixxxonaise, embrace the Madness!!!
    It will be my initial dive into the ultra
    world, and I'm pretty excited for it!

    ReplyDelete